Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 42

Footprints of Death...............

I woke up and watched two of my favorite t.v. Pastors talking about building your faith and taking control of your destiny using the power of your tongue. Both of their topic scriptures were derived from the scripture that says, "The power of life and death is in the power of the tongue." Simply put, the scripture means that a person will reap what he/she speaks. My spirit felt uplifted this morning but initially my body did not get that memo (smiling). I did not feel like dragging myself out of the bed. The rain and the condition of my body caused me to not want to leave the bed. I was exhausted! I got a call from a friend who said to come to my scheduled workout, which I intended to miss today, but I went. I did feel better after the work-out but I did not want to admit it. Lol.

Next, I took care of a few mundane tasks, contacted my school to handle a few administrative issues, handled a small project, and began to prepare for a midterm.

The symptoms of grief did not affect me today. I still feel saddened by the devastation in Haiti, but overall I feel that I am slowly progressing out of my own personal grief state. You know what I love about the words "grief state". The word "state"speaks volumes to me because it means that grief is a period of time that is temporary and not eternal. I like this concept a lot!!!

Now for today's BAADD (5 stages of grief) process:

Bargaining - Not at all.
Acceptance - Totally.
Anger - Not today. No manifestations.
Denial - No, just unbelief.
Depression - Fighting my way out and determined to win!


No comments:

Post a Comment