Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 36 - "Shaken But Not Destroyed"

Footprints of Death...............

Today was beautiful outside but my heart is heavy by all of the devastation from the 7.0 earthquake that shook the country of Haiti on Tuesday, January 12, 2010. I am so happy that our country has quickly mobilized and gone to their aid. I am grateful that even though Haiti was shaken and devastated, they were not destroyed. I am hopeful that the country of Haiti will emerge and be better off than they were before. It's funny how chaos can become a vehicle to take us to a better place in our lives. Sometimes chaos can also be a vehicle to lead us into a "place of destiny." Believe me, I know when chaos hit my life it never felt like I would ever reach destiny, but God's grace and mercy has a way of making the chaotic load bearable and He caused me to conquer it. Hang in there brothers and sistas of Haiti, you will make it!!!

Also, this week famed singer Teddy Pendergrass passed away from cancer. My deepest condolences go out to all of the families that have lost someone. Although our hearts are heavy and may be for a long time to come, God is always there carrying us through life's darkest moments.

I will run through the BAADD (5 stages of grief) process very quickly:

Bargaining -Not at all
Acceptance -Totally
Anger - None
Denial - No, just unbelief
Depression - Fighting my way through it,

I will continue to be in prayer for all those who have lost loved ones. I pray that you all have peace in your minds and souls. Let's continue to laugh, live, and love always and intentionally because tomorrow is not promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment