Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 24

Footprints of Death...............

Today was so amazingly beautiful I almost could not believe it. The temperature was perfect, the sky was clear, the mountains looked wonderful. Wow! The peacefulness of the day really put me in a peaceful and quite pensive state. Today I thought about my goals for the year, the timeframes that the goals should take, etc. I feel almost like my usual self. The only thing is, right now, I am trying to regain the immense drive and determination that I usually have to complete my goals. ...but I am continuing to fight my way back.

On the subject of sweets, I did not adhere to my own declaration to eliminate sweet treats today. Today, while visiting family I had piece of homeade all butter pound cake. Oh Lawd, help me!!! It was so tasty. Lol! Seriously, though, this won't be happening often in 2010 and I am adamant about that.

I think that I am doing well in terms of monitoring myself in regard to the BAADD (5 stages of grief) process. I notice that I am starting to recover because I have made myself aware of my grief process. Does anyone out there agree or disagree? Ok, here's the daily check-in.

Bargaining - Not at all.
Acceptance - Fully accepted the loss of both my parents.
Anger -Today yes, but I controlled the manifestations.
Denial -Not so much, just unbelief.
Depression - Fighting my way out!

Remember to laugh, live, and love intentionally and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment