Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 32

Footprints of Death...............

Wow! Today is Sunday, January 10, 2010, today marks the 2 month mark of my Daddy's passing. I made it! One month ago when I started this blog, I was feeling completely alone, angry, anxious, bitter, confused, defeated, depressed, disillusioned, and sorrowful. Today, I feel that the door of my heart is open and the sun is shining brightly. I still feel the pain of grief but the hand-clutching grip that it had on me is not there. I praise my God (Jesus Christ) for that! I am confident in the fact that I would NOT have made it through had it not been for my personal relationship with God.

I just got back from church and we had an awesome service. Pastor Marlon preached an encouraging word about understanding how life's problems are merely temporal but God has provided everything that we need to conquer them. Great sermon!

Everyday, I seem to remember something that either my Daddy or Mommy would say about a certain situation. I can always hear them speaking to me and providing direction for me. That's awesome!!! I know that they are resting and based on the way that I saw them both suffer in their bodies, they really deserve this rest. Rest in peace James and Harriet, I love you both!!!

As for the BAADD (5 stages of grief) process, I need to run through it for the day:

Bargaining - No, it would be a useless feat. Lol!
Acceptance- Totally!
Anger - Not today and no manifestations in a few days (big smile).
Denial -No, just unbelief.
Depression - Fighting my way out....and I will win!

I wish everyone a wonderful Sunday and please spend time loving people in an extra special way today.


No comments:

Post a Comment