Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 6- Mommyisms




I want to dedicate this blog to my wonderful Mommy, Harriet. Yes, I still call her Mommy! Why? Because I always have. Mom, Momma, or Mother never suited me...after all I am the baby of the family (bratty smile). Lol!

Every since I lost my Mommy in 1999 it is like I have her face and her words on a plasma t.v. in my head. These are some of the things that I hear her say:

" I LOVE YOU!" (My Mommy told me that she loved me about 10 times a day. I'd always say to her, "I know Mommy, I know!" Now I would give anything to hear her say it one more time).

"You are beautiful, but remember, we are not vain."

"Good morning Dr. Judith."

"Little bit (one of my childhood nicknames), always remember that you have choices. Educate yourself first, then have a family, that way if your husband leaves you for any reason, you'll be able to take care of yourself."

"How was your day today?" "I got the feeling that things did not go well for you today, so I prayed for you."

"Ju (pronounced Joo or Jew), remember I will always be with you, even if I am not with you physically."

No comments:

Post a Comment