Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 5- Night Note

Footprints of Death...............

Today started out terrible. I was thinking about the events of the day and I felt myself sinking lower (emotionally). I decided to jump on the treadmill to get my serotonin and norepinephrine (brain chemicals that regulate moods i.e. depression) levels up. I put on the iPod and one of the first tracks that came on was a song by gospel singer Byron Cage. His song is based on Psalms 34:1 in the Bible. Psalms 34:1 says, "I will bless the Lord at all times and his praises shall continually be in my mouth." I started to sing and worship the Lord in song. I felt better, I feel better, thank God! When my Mommy was alive and had a bad day she would always play gospel music, mostly Andre Crouch, and she would sing her heart out. Then I would watch her attitude transform and she would be ready for the next challenge. She left me a great nugget in dealing with life. Music, especially gospel music, can certainly help to heal the soul.

While on the treadmill I realized that my blog could also be called "Footprints of Life" . More than my personal experience with grief, this blog is also like a roadmap of how to handle life. I am a Christian. I think that if Christians learned to be "MORE REAL" and share their highs and lows, then maybe people that do not know Christ as their personal Savior might have interest in knowing Him. I am the kind of Christian that wants the world to know that I do not live in a glass house. I feel pain, I make mistakes, I get angry, I get sad, and overall I am a REAL human being not a zombie or a character from the movie "Stepford Wives". In reality, God helps me to get through hard times that I otherwise would not make it through without Him. Am I alone on this? Feel free to comment at the bottom of this blog, let me know what you think.

So grateful, that I moved past the emotional darkness of the day. Yikes, that was a close call.

Thank you Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment