Saturday, December 19, 2009

Day 10 -"A Brighter Day"

Footprints of Death...............

After nearly a month of not being able to sleep soundly, I had a terrific time of rest last night. For that I am sincerely grateful to God. This morning I felt a lot like my usual self. God is amazing!

This morning I had my morning devotion. I was reading Romans Chapters 12 & 13 which explains how to conduct oneself as a Christian. I appreciate the reminder cause since this whole grief experience, I have felt like I need to handle things and people if they make me angry.....but God's gentle reminder this morning was to let the idea of "handling things" myself GO and let him handle it. Whatever is bothering me I intend to give it to God and continue to give to others as God leads me. No more focusing on the past but using the past as a foundation to move into my brighter future.

Anyway, these scripture also stood out to me this morning. "The Lord is my shepherd, and I do not want. Jesus came that I might have life and have it more abundantly (Psalms 23:1 & John 10:10)." To me this scripture is saying that God leads me and I lack nothing. The other scripture means that God wants me to live and live more abundantly, which today I fully intend to do (smiling).

I know that some people are wondering why I keep bringing up scriptures and talking about God. I discuss scriptures and how I feel about God because "relationship" with God is the ONLY way that I know to make it through the difficulties of life, and in this case, the footprints of death.

This blog has helped me immensely in experiencing my feelings and it is my prayer that it will help others make it through difficult seasons in their lives too.

O.K. let's do the BAADD (5 Stages of Grief) checklist for the day.

Bargaining- Completely past this one.
Acceptance- I think I have accepted that my parents are no longer here physically.
Anger- Not today. :)
Denial- Not at all, thanks to this blog.
Depression- Figuratively opening the blinds in the room and the sunlight came in....on my way out (smile).

No comments:

Post a Comment