Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 18 -Breathing

Footprints of Death...............

Today was a very good day. I spent time with a community of sisters and we talked about grief, life, God, and our personal struggles. After talking with other sisters in community I feel like I can breathe again. Thanks Ladies!!!

I believe that the time that I spent with these wonderful ladies today was God's way of showing me that He cares about me and I am not alone. I must admit siting down and talking about grief and how it personally affected each of us was very cathartic. It's so important to be able to talk about grief with people who understand what you are going through. If grief is not something that you have experienced you may not understand the importance of this. I suggest that all my readers who are experiencing grief, find a grief group where you can bear your soul about your grief experience and share how God is helping to see you through the daily struggle of dealing with grief vs. living life.

Sweets Update:

Today, I had 1 chocolate candy, a small candy cane piece, and piece of pie. Not too bad for a recovering "sweet" addict. I am sharing with you all that I did not meet my goal of having no sweets today. I hope to do better tomorrow especially after such a good day today. Today, I don't think I ate sweets because I craved sugar, I ate it just out of habit. I think this is a good distinction for me because I did not use the sugar to mask my grief.

Ok, now on to the BAADD (5 Stages of Grief) process checklist. Let's see how I am doing today:

Bargaining - Not at all.
Acceptance - Totally accepted.
Anger - No manifestations but I have withdrawn myself from others.
Denial - Not so much.
Depression - Fighting everyday......but I will win!!

Despite what life throws at us we still have to laugh, live, and love anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment