Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 13

Footprints of Death...............

Today, I had a lot of loose ends to tie up. I am also turning my thoughts to the "reason for the season", but I cannot ignore the footprints of death that have taken two talented women in the past week. Actresses Alaina Reed Hall, who played Rose on the hit show "227" and Brittany Murphy a very young and talented actress. My condolences to both of their families as I understand your loss during this holiday season.

As I exhale deeply, I am not in the mood to monitor where I am within the 5 Stages of Grief (BAADD) process....but that is the reason for the blog to deal with grief "head-on" and not ignore it, as doing so could manifest badly in other ways like: eating sweets excessively, being angry, etc (whatever your personal vice may be). Alright, I will go through the steps but I am not really into it today as I am grateful that Jesus was born during this time for my redemption. Here we go:

Bargaining - Not at all
Acceptance - 100% out of the woods
Anger - No manifestations today, felt calm.
Denial - Not really, it just seems surreal that both my parents are gone from earth.
Depression - Working on it.

I have gotten some responses about my blog on Facebook. I think some people have the wrong impression about why this blog exists. This blog is a God-inspired idea. It is not meant to make people more afraid of death or to concentrate on death too much. This blog is for hurting people, life myself, who have suffered loss that their heart and soul has not had the opportunity to speak of or understand fully. Although, we may not understand the reason or timing for the loss of our loved ones, we can: remember our loved ones, remember our feelings about our loved ones, love the people in our lives more, and develop or improve our spiritual lives in order to gain the strength to get through the difficult and taboo topic of "grief". How do we do all of this? By talking about how we feel right now (loud yell)!!!! The pain I feel right now will not last forever, but I have to walk out my own process and so do you (calmly smiling). The pain of grief lessens with time as I experienced this myself after the loss of my Mommy.I hope this helps to clear up any misconceptions about the reason for this blog. Have a great night (smiling)!

Continue to laugh, live, and love often.

No comments:

Post a Comment