Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 21

Footprints of Death...............

My condolences to gospel singer Tonex and his family for the recent loss of his Mom. As we all know death is something that we cannot control and even though we know that it can happen at any time, it's amazing how we are never ready for it. My condolences also to the Phillips Family for their loss.

Today was an interesting day. It was rainy and very cold. I felt like the future is going to be better than the pain of yesterday. I haven't had this kind of feeling in a long time. Nice!

Like I always say, we all have vices that we have the potential of turning to if we do not deal with our grief. My vices are "sweets". The really bad part is that I bake very well. Lol! I can bake anything just like my grandma used to do. In a lot of ways baking makes me happy because it reminds me of the times when my grandma and mother were alive. I remember how all of the women would gather in the kitchen and the older women would bond and share life stories about their husbands, their lives, and children. Anyway, although I have good memories about how sweets were used in my house, they are not good for me in abundance. Today, I had a few gummy bears and a bite of cake. I did not work out but I intend to do it tomorrow.

I have a question, is anyone else going through the BAADD (5 stages of grief) process with me? If so, let me know and let me know where you are in your process. Hearing from other people who understand loss is very encouraging. Let's encourage one another!

Bargaining - I'm past this stage.
Acceptance -I think so.
Anger -No manifestations. I think I'm o.k. today.
Denial - Not denial but definitely unbelief.
Depression - still fighting my way out.

Remember to laugh, live, and love always.

No comments:

Post a Comment