Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 3

Footprints of Death...............

Sitting here thinking about where I am in the 5 stages of grief today. BAADD (bargaining, acceptance, anger, denial, depression). I just got back from running errands. I was behind a lady who was driving about 10 mph on the main highway then without a signal she turned left. Instantly, I went from 0-60 mph with anger. I flashed my bright lights on her and was completely annoyed. I asked myself, why are you mad at 9:30 am in the morning? Based on my reaction to the lady on the road, I must be in the anger stage of grief today. I must also be in acceptance because I am getting used to the idea that I have no "living" parents. Depression seems to be somewhat of a constant but seeing a beautiful rainbow this morning was helpful. Bargaining is definitely not happening because the act of death has already happened, so who would I bargain with at this point? Denial, is definitely not happening because I am very aware of my present situation. Ok, cool, I know where I am right now and that is a good start.

Yesterday, was my sister Gail's birthday. Today is my sister Tlona's birthday. Happy birthday sisters!!! Oh yea, on behalf of Mommy and Daddy I want to wish you both a Happy Birthday!!! If I remember correctly Daddy, would have gifts for both of you and tell you to enjoy the life that you have. Mommy, would be her usual self and say, " I LOVE YOU", so many times that you wonder why she keeps repeating it so much. Now that she's gone I'm sure you're glad that she did.

Let's go see what the rest of the day holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment