Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 22

Footprints of Death...............

Today is the last day of 2009. I am so glad to waive this year goodbye. I was thinking about how tomorrow will mark the beginning of the next decade. Wow! Interesting thought. I was remembering when my Mom passed away it was October 30, 1999. From the point of her death, my Dad immediately got sicker until he passed on November 10, 2009. While reminiscing just now, I realized that for the first time I can face the next decade just thinking about my own life and what direction I need to take. Amazing. If I had my life to live all over again, I would not change a thing because making sacrifices for both my parents was truly my pleasure (big exhale). So, even though I am excited by the future I am still saddened by my losses and the uncertainty that loss brings.

I wish everyone a great 2010. I hope that all of us Grievers find the strength that we need to heal properly. I hope that once we are all healed from grief that we are able to go out into the world and help others who are hurting. It's o.k. for me to have my dreams, right? Lol!

Now for the BAADD (5 stages of grief) process. Let me check in.

Bargaining - Not at all.
Acceptance - Fully accepted my losses.
Anger - Not too much. No manifestations.
Denial - None, just unbelief.
Depression - Fighting my way out.

Please be careful tonight and drive safely and be aware of possible drunk drivers. I was in a car accident and I was hit by a drunk driver, thank God it was not fatal.

Remember to laugh, live, and love always because we never know what tomorrow holds.



No comments:

Post a Comment