Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 66

Footprints of Death...............

Yesterday (Valentine's Day) was my Mommy's Birthday. My brother and sisters memorialized her life by telling her things that we would want to say to her now. We wrote our thoughts to her in a card and brought flowers. It was a beautiful time. I am happy to have been loved and supported by the best woman and mother ever, my Mommy, Harriet. I miss you Mommy and your efforts to raise a good woman are being realized everyday that I wake up. You would also be so proud of Gail, Tlona, and Ephrem as they have amazing strength and determination.

Well, where am I in the BAADD (5 stages of grief) process today?

Bargaining- Not at all
Acceptance - Totally accepted my parents death.
Anger- Sometimes, but not too much and no real manifestations,
Denial- No, unbelief at times.
Depression- Fighting my way out and determined to win!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment