Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 55

Footprints of Death...............

Today started quite early and it took me a little while to really wake up. Honestly, I don't think I woke up until about 3:00p.m. so sad. Lol! I have been working myself very hard so I have to find time to pause. I guess this is my time to give pause to the hustle and bustle of life. Right now I'm sitting in my dark living room typing this blog entry.

I am noticing that I seem to be turning the corner on the grieving process. I started righting this blog exactly one month from the date my Dad passed away, so if I add those thirty days to the fifty-five days that I have been blogging then it's been eighty-five (85) days since the loss and I feel like I'm turning the corner on grief. Amazing!

Things that would have upset me 60 days ago and set me off into an angry tirade, now bounce off me like I'm wearing a problem resistant jacket. I love it! I feel whole. I feel like I am living my best life right now and I don't have to wait to do so. Geez, I thank my God for healing my broken heart. There is no verbal explanation for how the grieving process devastates the human soul........but healing is a beautiful thing. For all those having a rough time with grief, just hang in there, surround yourself with the people that truly love and support you, develop a relationship with the God of the universe, and trust Him to lead you to peace and resolve with the loss that you have experienced. God will always show up in our lives when we invite Him in, but we have to invite Him. No one comforts the soul like God, believe me I know.

Now, I'll check in with my BAADD (5 stages of grief) process for the night:

Bargaining- Not at all, both of my parents are deceased.
Acceptance - Totally.
Anger- Not today, no manifestations in days.
Denial- No just unbelief from time to time.
Depression- Fighting my way out and determined to win!!!

As always, I vow to cherish everyday and to laugh, live, and love intentionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment