Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 54

Footprints of Death...............

Today was another eventful day. For the past week I have had the opportunity to learn new things and to have a completely new scenery. I feel like this "newness" is affecting me in a very positive way.

Lately, I feel like I am somehow surrounded by both my parents. I know that seems weird and I am not suggesting that I have some kind paranormal ability but I feel like I sense their presence. Weird right? I know.

Anyway, grief is starting to subside and it is being replaced with hope. For me, blogging this experience has forced me to consistently analyze where I am in the grieving process. Self-monitoring is helping me to heal quite nicely. I know that I will always be affected by this loss, but the deep feelings of woundedness and aloneness are dissipating.

Well, I'm a little tired so I think I better go through the BAADD (5 stages of grief) process for the night:

Bargaining- Not at all. The deal is closed my parents are no longer on this earth. Lol!
Acceptance-Totally. I am fully aware that they are no longer physically here.
Anger- Not today (big smile).
Denial- Not at all, just unbelief at times.
Depression- Fighting my way out and determined to win!!!

As always, I am committed to laugh, live, and love intentionally. I am also committed to the people that I love. I make a new committment to them to treat them like they are precious and to treat them with the understanding that tomorrow is not promised so I'll give love, accolades, friendship, hope, kindness, longsuffering, joy, honest advice, confidence, comfort, and stability today....then there will be no regrets if either I or those I love do not get to see one another again.

No comments:

Post a Comment