Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 84

Footprints of Death...............

I had a very relaxing weekend because I finished my winter session class. Yay! I found myself taking a nap for no reason. There is no greater joy than an unexpected nap (big smile). Yesterday, I went to my Niece's 13th birthday party. I think that I had more fun than the kids did.

I am working on a few personal projects that I have always wanted to do but never had the opportunity. I am excited about them.

My feelings of grief have dissipated for the most part. I mean there are moments throughout the day that remind of my parents. In certain situations, I hear my parents give me their advice, I think that is such a blessing to be able to hear their voices when I need them most. In my personal life, I am in a season of transition. Many things around my life have died within the last six months which makes me a little anxious about what is next. I find myself asking too many questions about how life will turn out for me. I ask who, what, when, where, and how way too much. I wish I could just shut up and relax sometimes but I'll blame it on my typical Type A personality. Lol!

Moving on to the BAADD (5 stages of grief) process:

Bargaining - Not at all, my parents have passed away and I understand that.

Acceptance- Totally.
Anger- No manifestations, no seething anger either.
Denial- No, just unbelief from time to time.
Depression- Feeling better.

Reference:

Barone, James E. & Ivy, Michael (2004). Resident Hours. The Five Stages of Grief. Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges 79(5), 379-380.

No comments:

Post a Comment