Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 78

Footprints of Death...............

Today was busy as usual. Mondays just seem to fly by, which is always a good thing. I am recouperating from weeks of studying and juggling other projects. I am just plain ole tired. Whew! I am tired, but I have "no complaints". I am grateful for all that I do and do not have. I have all that I need and some of my wants. I am grateful.

My heart goes out to the people of Chile and Haiti. My prayers are constantly with them. I lived through the Northridge Earthquake of 1994 and I know what it is like to have your home, your stability, and your things taken away from you in an instant. I remember how I felt during that earthquake when we had no restrooms or the use of any of the modern conveniences that we in America have grown accustomed to. We all need to count our blessings and pray for those who have experienced a loss of anything (loved one, health, home, etc). I encourage everyone to take five minutes out each day and pray for someone other than yourself. I have found that praying for someone else helps me to forget about my own problems. Try it, see if it works for you. You know the old saying, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Lol!

Now for the BAADD (5 stages of grief process):

Bargaining -Not at all, my parents are gone and I am coming to terms with that.
Acceptance- I fully accept their physical absence.
Anger- No, but I do get angry when I believe someone is trying to forcefully take something from me. Whew!
Denial- No, just unbelief from time to time.
Depression- Feeling much better. The dark cloud has moved back.

Reference:

Barone, James E. & Ivy, Michael (2004). Resident Hours. The Five Stages of Grief. Journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges 79(5), 379-380.

No comments:

Post a Comment