Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 130

Footprints of Death...............


A beautiful Sunday today (weather wise).  


I felt a little weird today because my family and I are deciding how we are going to celebrate for my Dad's birthday on May 24th, he would have been 72 this year.  This is the first birthday he will not be here for.  Interesting?  Last year, we sang songs while my Dad joined in singing.  


I must say I am still having a hard time adjusting to the fact that my Dad and Mom are gone, but I grapple with filling the void that their loss has created.  Everyday, I pray that God fills that void for me so that I don't find something distracting or harmful to fill the void with myself.  My defense mechanism to combat this issue is to stay close to home and write.  Writing helps me to express my feelings and figure out how I feel about things that I may never make audible.


I'm tired now (low energy).  Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment