Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 115

Footprints of Death...............


This week was simply amazing as I watched God single-handedly work out a very important situation that I was dealing with.  Thank God!


Like most people these days, I am in constant transition but I am being mindful not to bury my feelings and move so fast that I lose sight of myself.  I am noticing that many people are dealing with so many personal and financial losses that it is getting harder for people to cope.  I do not profess to have all of the answers, but I do know that a relationship with God has helped me immensely while dealing with the lowest and most devastating times of my life. 


In terms of grief, I am not feel the intense feelings of grief too much anymore.  Right now I am experiencing the good memories and the lessons that both of my parents imparted to me before they passed away.  Those thoughts and reminders are very comforting because I know that I was loved by my parents and no matter what, the love that we shared will never change not even in death.  That still amazes me when I conceptualize that thought.


As for the BAADD (5 stages of grief) acronym I am going to retire this today because I think that I have moved past these stages of grief.  I could be wrong and if I am I will resurrect the idea, but for now I have resolved the initial bargaining, acceptance, anger, denial, and depression that is associated with loss.  I am still a work in progress but feeling good about my progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment