Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 159

Footprints of Death...............

I was at work today and I told someone that I lost both of my parents already.  The lady said, "I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad when I was 19 years old."  I consoled her and offered my condolences and then out of nowhere she made a statement that I was not expecting....."Wow, both of your parents are gone, I bet you feel like an orphan."  I was taken back for a minute but I realized it was coming from a cold place inside of her.  I do not feel like an orphan because I had two parents that loved me and parents to whom I was securely attached.  I feel blessed to have had parents despite the fact that they are physically no longer here.

I just don't understand why some people insist on being so cruel.  My guess is she has never really dealt with her own grief and even though it's been 25+ years since her loss, she has not done the work needed to heal.  I do wish her the best and hope she finds the healing that she needs. I am finding out more and more that some people like to make jabs when they find out you are lacking in an area.  It saddens me because I would not wish the pain of grief and loss on my worst enemy.  I encourage anyone experiencing loss to please ignore the silly things some people say as they are speaking out of their own pain.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment