Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Days 156-158

Footprints of Death...............

I made it. My Dad's Birthday was on May 24th and I was very nervous about how I would feel since this was his first birthday since he Died in November.  Instead of being filled with grief and pain on his birthday I was grateful for his life, his immense courage, his determination, his fatherhood, and lastly his ability to finally rest.  My Dad was the hardest working man I ever met.  Not only was he hardworking but he worked without the use of his right hand which was severed in an accident (at his job) when he was a very young man.  I rejoiced in the fact that my Dad did not have to deal with the aggravation of epilepsy( I did not capitalize the E in Epilepsy because it has no power over my Dad or our family anymore).  My Dad no longer has to deal with the embarassment that having a seizure would bring him.  People were often afraid to be around him for fear that he would have a seizure...but that was their loss because to know him was to love him.

Again, I am amazed by how God has carried me through the pain of grief.  I feel good.  I feel happy.  I feel like I have a good understanding of life and even the purpose of death....at least that's how I feel today (smiling).

No comments:

Post a Comment