Friday, June 25, 2010

Days 186-188

Footprints of Death...............

Today I had an interesting thought.  I was thinking about death.  Six months ago, if I had met death on the street in a human body I would have pummeled him with my bare hands because he made me angry.  Today if I met him on the street I would give him a hug and thank him for what he did for me.

I was reminded today of the way that I watched my parents suffer in their health and in their lives.  I watched my Mommy suffer for 25 years of my life.  I watched my Daddy suffer for 36 years of my life.  In fact, I was starting to believe that suffering lasted a lifetime and was never ending.  Death taught me that nothing good or bad lasts forever.  Just a thought, that was interesting to me.

My perspective, like death's impact on me, has changed.  My devastation has turned into joy and personal fulfillment in my life.  I know my parents would be glad that I am going forward in life instead of wishing that I could join them in death.

For all who are grieving right now, keep your head up and keep going.  You will overcome!

Remember to laugh, live, and love as often as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment