Sunday, June 20, 2010

Days 181-183

Footprints of Death...............

I have been in a school conference for my Ph.D. residency.  I am tired, but glad that I was able to network and focus on my goals as a doctoral student.

Today was Father's Day, the first Father's Day without my Dad.  I received several texts/emails from friends who were offering their support at this time.  I really appreciated it.  Surprisingly, I did well today, I only cried once as I thought about my future graduation from my doctoral program.  I envisioned the sadness of knowing that neither of my parents will be there physically to see me realize my dream.  When my Mom was alive 11 years ago, she always called me Dr. Judith before I ever got to the graduate level in school.  Amazing!

So again, God was faithful to help me when I could not help myself.  I did not feel overwhelmed as I took solace in the fact that my Dad was finally able to rest. He is free and I am glad!! Happy Father's Day James Russell Owens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment