Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 172- "All Things Are New!"

Footprints of Death...............

Isaiah 61:3 in the Bible says that God will give those who mourn beauty for ashes, the oil of joy, and the garment of praise in exchange for the spirit of heaviness.  Not only does this scripture read like beautiful poetry but it has been the "truth" revealed in my life in the past six (6) months since I lost my last living parent.  In November I felt hopeless and I could have cared less what happened to me.  I felt so lost and almost lost the will to live entirely....but I kept hearing God tell me that I would be o.k. I could also feel my parents cheering me forward.  

Death and grief have also been great teachers.  Even through the affects of death and grief, I learned that newness can happen.  I am amazed! I have learned that in order to get through the loss of a loved one and grief I had to spend my time strengthening my spirit.  I learned that when you strengthen your spirit, your body, mind, and soul will have no choice but to follow.

Israel Houghton, a contemporary gospel singer, has an amazing song out right now.  I think it's called, "Forward!"  The song is a declaration that God makes all things new and we do not have to dwell in the pain and disappointment of the past.

I am encouraged and I wish the same for everyone who has suffered a loss of any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment