Sunday, July 25, 2010

Days 216-218-The Aloe Plant

Footprints of Death...............

Shortly after my Dad died I moved to a new place.  The movers had one small job after moving the heavy stuff was to carefully pick up my large aloe plant and move it to my new home.  Well, needless to say that move did not go well as the movers broke the large plant at the very root and within a month the entire plant was dead.  I saw that plant as a reflection of what I was already going through in my life but I refused to stare at a dead thing, especially a dead thing that had brought me healing on many occasions. I asked my sister if we should re-plant the tree and she said, "yes."  We went to the gardening department and purchased rich soil and large potting plants.  We salvaged a few branches of aloe that were still alive.  We turned our one (1 ) large plant into 3 large plants.  Six months later we have three (3) beautiful large aloe plants that are now able to provide healing for cuts, burns, etc for years to come (smiling).

So, everything dies, but sometimes things die to allow other great things an opportunity to become.  Of course this theory may not apply to people but it certainly works well with bad circumstances, and in this case, a dead plant.  Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment