Thursday, July 22, 2010

Days 214 & 215

Footprints of Death...............

Today I had another epiphany or as Oprah would say, "An aha moment."  After receiving news that I did not like or understand I realized that I am experiencing death all over again. This time the death has nothing to do with the loss of a loved one, but rather the loss of a way of life.  With every day that passes, I am realizing that I have forever left the life that I once knew behind.  I realized today that the struggles of my past, the generational issues that once plagued my family are but a thing of the past.  My old struggles, my old fears, my old worries, and even my old anxieties are gone.  I have a chance to live life anew.  I have a chance at a fresh start and I have decided to take that fresh start.  I am going to let dead things stay dead.  I am not going to fear the unfamiliar or the unknown.  Just a thought that hit me today, so I thought I'd better share.

No comments:

Post a Comment