Monday, September 13, 2010

AGAIN- Days 266-269

Footprints of Death...............

No matter how many times I hear the words, "Sorry, but you just lost .........," I will never get used to it.  On September 12, 2010 we lost my favorite Aunt who was like a second Mom to myself and my siblings.  She was still in her early sixties and I really wanted to take care of her. My Aunt Joy P. was a fantastic musician and woman.  She was kind to everyone she ever met.  She never married or had children of her own by choice.  She seemed to enjoy the life that she carved out for herself because she spent most of her time caring for others and putting their needs above her own.  I wanted her life as a retiree to be absolutely perfect, but I was not able to help out in this way.  As a Ph.D. student I have to delay certain things right now until my education has been completed.  Nevertheless, I was praying that I would have more time to be there for her and to help take care of her but God had another plan.  I am happy that she no longer has to suffer from sickness anymore.   I am overcome right now, so I just want you (Aunt Joy) to know that I LOVE YOU and you will be greatly missed.  Please tell my grandparents and parents that I said, "hello!"

I am deeply saddened and I am sure that I will have to revisit the 5 Stages of Grief process until the sting of her passing has subsided.

Until we meet again............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment