Monday, January 3, 2011

Days 379-386

Footprints of Death...............

I am amazed at how well I handled the holidays without my dearest loved ones (i.e. parents, my aunt, and great-aunt).  I think that my grief has ended because I am able to focus on good memories of them and not just the fact that I have lost their presence here on earth. That's growth!  Growth is great!  I must admit that losing a loved one is a terrible pain that leaves a void in your heart so large that sometimes you believe that everyone can see the void or the hole.  I'm just glad that these intense feelings do not last forever.

In terms of the BAADD (5 stages of grief) process, here we go:
Bargaining- Not at all.
Acceptance-Totally.
Anger-Not anymore.
Denial- No.
Depression- No, I'm doing well.

As always, I will continue to laugh, live, and love and I wish the same for everyone else who has suffered a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment