Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 23

Footprints of Death...............

Today is the first day of the year. I fully welcome 2010 and all of the good things that this new year will bring. I feel like this new year will bring many new opportunities.

Today, I spent time with family and friends. I ate some great gumbo. Super yummy!

I am taking every day since the death of my parents in stride. I am still "living" my life. In fact, I am proud of me. When my Mom passed away in 1999 it was as if I hibernated like a bear for about 5 years. Lol! I do not remember the details of those years at all. Experience is definitely the best teacher, because my Daddy's recent loss has had a profound impact on me but I am still able to enjoy the simple things in life. Today was a beautiful 72 degree day and I just looked out on the mountains and marveled at the beautiful land that I live in. Wow! Death makes you very reflective. I don't know how other people feel but I am much more appreciative for everything. When people do kind things for me for no reason, I am just overcome with emotion. I hope this "new me" lasts after I am done with grieving because I feel more alive. Imagine that? Footprints of death have made me feel more alive. I think that is God's goodness at work (smile).

Ok, it is time to go over the BAADD (5 stages of grief) process.

Bargaining-Not at all.
Acceptance -Totally.
Anger -No manifestations.
Denial - No, just unbelief.
Depression -Fighting my way out.

Remember to laugh, live, and love intentionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment